Understanding PCOS and Endometriosis
Before providing that list of the best PCOS and endometriosis herbs, I am going to define of each condition. And so it follows, The current state of conventional med solutions and herb medicine will assist us towards improving results.
To begin with, Medical researchers have defined polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) as a condition where many small cysts have formed inside the ovaries. The cysts or sacs contain fluid. How this condition is formed where the ovaries change in structure is not clear in the medical field except that of genetics and/or family history. What researchers have found is the condition does influence hormone balance. Androgen (male hormone) appears to be more present. This causes hormonal imbalance and additional androgen growth. As a result, the result shows as infertility, acne, increase in facial hair, menstrual irregularity and obesity.
Secondly, Endometriosis is usually a painful disorder in which endometrial tissue grows in excess. Gradually, the condition reaches the outside the uterus. In addition, abnormal tissue commonly develops on the outside of the ovaries, fallopian tubes and the pelvis lining. The most likely cause is reversed menstrual flow. During the reversed upward movement, tissue leaks during the period flows through the fallopian tube into other areas of the body. Additionally, genetic factors may also be involved.
Conventional Medicine Focus
Both conditions have not found final comprehensive solutions for their root causes. In the case of endometriosis, surgical procedure can rid the patient of the excess tissue causing pain. Still, the underlying cause remains. The internal environment has not changed and has the likely potential to redevelop. PCOS treatment, usually, consists of birth control pills, metformin to prevent diabetes, statins to reduce cholesterol, additional hormones for fertility and procedures to remove or inhibit excess hair. Conventional treatment remains focused on symptoms.
Many young women call in for help who have tried lots of procedures or who have heard stories from their friends, looking for a real solution. When they are told that all that is possible with Chinese medicine in a fairly short time (2-6 months depending on severity, then you can hear the relief already beginning. Because I have said it so many times, I have to watch how I sound. After 35 years, sometimes the excitement wears down. But its still there when I explain below.
What is an Advanced Herbal Medicine
To clarify, I strongly recommend that the most effective herbal formula for these syndromes must be 1) “state of the art”, 2) extensive historical study going back millennia, 3) comprehensive assessment which zeroes in on the root cause and 4) with minimal to no side effects.
Chinese medicine fills this requirement with formulas that have worked for millions of women.
From multi-generations of Chinese medicine herbalists, thousands of years of observation and improvements have yielded the highest performing combination of herbs while contained in one formula. From this lineage, father to son, daughter sometimes, great herbal knowledge has been preserved and thus, the best list of herbs are shared for your benefit. You can learn to build the formula yourself (took along time, in apprenticeship, for me) and/or you can access it at Longevity Mountain Herbs (https://traditional-chinese-herbs.com/product/female-comfort/):
The Best Herb Medicine for PCOS and Endometriosis
I know that sounds arrogant! But how are you going to know unless I tell you. Someone needs to tell the truth with so much BS out there. So many formulas are based on simple, beginner-type formulas. Especially the claims by one herb wonders. Some are good but most supplements sold don’t do anything, even if taken for 1-2 months. This formula below starts working in days and most to all, young to middle-age women, feel a new gear kick in by 5 days.
- Astragali Radix – nourishes the body’s energy, spleen and lung. Primary benefits: fatigue, diarrhea, shortness of breath, prolapse, uterine bleeding, spontaneous sweating, edema, chronic sores, deficient blood and lymph fluids, weakened immunity, stops sweating, promotes urination, corrects toxicity, skin.
- Longan Arillus-Longan fruit nourishes the body’s energy. Its temperature is warm thus stimulates the heart and the spleen into balance. Benefits: insomnia, palpitations, forgetfulness, dizziness, anxiety, stress, blood deficiency, disturbed spirit, excessive thinking and emotions.
- Panax ginseng – revitalizes the whole body, slightly warming, primarily effects the spleen and lungs. Benefits: extreme collapse of body energy – shallow breathing or shortness of breath, cold limbs, profuse sweating, minute pulse; severe blood loss. Lung or Spleen/Stomach weakness, wasting and thirsting disorder, energy and fluids injured by fever and profuse sweating, palpitations with anxiety, insomnia, restlessness due to energy and blood deficiency. Powerfully tonifies the primal energy of these five organs (heart, liver, spleen, lungs, kidneys). Revitalizes immunity and blood components (T cells, red blood cells, white blood cells, etc.), obstructed blood flow and heavy bleeding, cold limbs, lethargy, distention, chronic diarrhea, prolapse), strengthens the spleen, Helps the heart which calms the emotions and improves memory. For mature women, it lengthened the sexual arousal and conception period.
Harmonizing the Heart & Digestion
- Atractylodes Rhizoma – White – improves the Spleen and Stomach. Clears dampness. Benefits spleen deficiency, corrects miscarriage, diarrhea, fatigue.
- Sclerotium Poriae cocos – leaches fluids downward. While neutral in temperature, drainage is especially beneficial to the heart, spleen, kidney and lung. Benefits: spleen weakness, fluid retention, mucus buildup in channels, palpitations, headache, dizziness, loss of appetite, diarrhea, distention, generalized edema, Insomnia, forgetfulness, obstructed urination, calms the heart & spirit.
- Ziziphi spinosae Semen – energizes the weakened heart and thus calm the spirit. Benefits: irritability, insomnia, palpitations, anxiety, blood deficiency, Spontaneous sweating and night sweats, abnormal sweating, prevents loss of consciousness, shortness of breath, anxiety, dry cough without phlegm, contracture and spasms of the sinews (tendons) and bones, dry, splitting nails,
For the rest of the formula (herbs 7-12) and/or to buy the Chinese herb formula, please go here: https://traditional-chinese-herbs.com/product/female-comfort/
Mark Hammer CMH-III, Senior Master Herbalist, Longevity Mountain Herbs